Tuesday, January 19, 2010

F is for Food

I love food. As long as it's good food, then i'm happy. Bad food I'll spit out in a nearby garbage can. This weeks blog is about my favourite foods and my least favourite 'im going to gag soon' foods.

I shall first talk about my favourite foods. I love fruit. I love the sensation of a perfect blend of sweetness, bitterness, and sometimes overwhelming sourness. I would like to say that I have a favourite fruit but I don't. I love all common fruits. I also like mexican foods. As long as it's not too spicy. The most wonderful item in the mexican food culture is tacos. To me, really good tacos have meat (well spiced of course), fresh tomatoes, lettuce and cheese on them. Delicieuse! I also like meat. Steak and chicken being my favourite in that category. Cheese is yet another one of those unbelievable foods that you can find in so many cultures. The best thing about it is that all of them tate so good, yet so unbelievably different. my favourite cheese is goat cheese. It goes so well with everything that it's hard not to like! Finally, dessert. Spelled with two s's because it's twice as yummy. You have many different types of desserts for many different types of people. I for example can't stand really sweet things like candy, treacle tart, or frosting. I'm a very, very strange person.

Now for what I dislike. I dislike quite alot of foods actually, but when you compare it with the amount of foods that I do like, it doesn't look that bad.
I strongly dislike fish that tastes like fish, or fishy fish as I like to call it. It tastes so slimy and icky, as if it's going to spit out puss any minute. Besides, how can you sit there looking at a head and plan on eating it without making a thousand trips to the bathroom? Another thing I strongly dislike is sweet things. Like I mentioned before, I WILL spit something out in the garbage if it's too sweet for me. It must look sincerely digusting when I do that but it happens anyway. Here's a short list of things I dont like just so that this blog isn't a thousand miles long:
Ketchup (ugh)
Salt and Vinegar chips (double ugh)
Anything that has vinegar in it
Fizzy drinks (yet again, I am a very strange person)
Overly cooked vegetables (why cant you just serve them raw? They're so much better that way)
Badly cooked food (who does?)

I would like to end with a quotation:
Fruit salad! Yummy yummy! - The Wiggles

Life lesson: Good food is good food. Don't let anyone tell you different.

No comments:

Post a Comment