Wednesday, April 21, 2010

S is for Singing

When I sing, everything inside me gets left behind. When I sing, I don't think. When I sing, the world around me escapes it's solidity and leaves behind a misty cloud. When I sing, the audience disappears, all except for the people I know.

When the world sings, the audience sits in awe, knowing no sound more beautiful. Then the world will finally be at peace.

Unfortunately, some people don't want to sing. People seem to think that singing would make them die. They think that the whole world will laugh at them because they supposedly 'can't' sing. Everyone can sing.
People think that when they sing, people will put them down and say things like 'What was that?'. Some people will actually say that but those are really stupid inconsiderate people. Most people who hear someone sing want them to do well.

So the problem lies in making people sing. Even in churches people don't always sing. I find it extremely difficult not to sing, but that's just me. And a lot of other people. In churches I can kind of understand if the pitch isn't right but then you could sing off key and have a great time anyway.

When I lived in Holland, I used to on Christmas go to midnight mass. The only real reason I went there was because I could sing Christmas carols with my dad in whatever other language there was of that particular carol. Very fun singing O come All Ye faithful in Latin. Yet another fun thing about singing.

If you're worried about not sounding very good then live with it and continue to sing. Or you can go to a singing teacher and have fun there. Or join a choir. It is the best way to meet new people and becoming a better singer in general.

Overall, I think singing is the best thing ever. Everyone should sing, not because they have to, but because it's fun.

Life Lesson: If the world sings, peace will come to the world.

I posted a comment on Libby's blog this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment